View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #484
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Kara had wondered whether Náin would be willing to talk, but once he'd settled himself onto a stool he had opened up. He spoke of his troubles finding something worthwhile to do, especially since his true skill was not much called upon here. In fact, for all intents and purposes, the Dwarf was bored.

Smiling in delight at the compliment he gave her, Kara dropped another roll onto his plate in thanks.

"Frodides is a good teacher, if you did turn your mind to becoming a cook I'm sure she would be able to whip you into shape soon enough. But lack of material or opportunity shouldn't cause you to turn away from the craft you excel at."

Náin nodded in agreement, mouth full of roll, and then swallowed to reply.

"Yet what is there for me to do?"

"Maybe you just need to find some inspiration. You say you want to explore this place, but you need a guide. Well, I can offer myself if you will have me. Frodides is back to full strength now, and the Hall is not so busy at the moment. All the building work has people looking for simpler meals, so I think my dear mentor could spare me a few hours of the week. What do you think?"