View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #391
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I think you disagree with the idea just because I don't. If I had fought strongly against it you'd be more open minded.

But seriously, you and Form- I assume you caught the part where I said lynching Fea wasn't our best option, but that she would be useful as a vote dumping ground should our first choice prove disastrous.

That's why I wouldn't mind seeing a couple people vote for her. That way if Hakon is about dead and comes in and says, "No, I'm the Hunter!" and is believable, we will be in a position where we can easily elevate the already dead Fea at the last minute rather than having to search for another candidate (and possibly have that one be an even worse choice).

So I'm not saying lynch her- I'm saying I wouldn't be suspicious if people were to toss a couple votes that way, and that it may even be a good risk management move. And if I recall Brin also didn't actually advise us to lynch her.
Actually--sorry to bruise your ego, phantom dear--but I totally missed that you were in favour (albeit in a moderated defensible manner) of possibly voting Fea. Not that disagreement with you isn't good enough reason to disagree in and of itself.

Your argument--the potential Hakon the Hunter argument--is good, but it strikes me, at least, as unlikely. Unnecessary, too, if we actually have a second bandwaggon competing with the Hakon-waggon, where only one or two votes need to be dumped to shift the balance. Granted, that hasn't shaped up yet, but we've still got over three hours, so I'm not much worried yet.

*has had one bite of supper since his last post. Lucky that it's a cold supper, I guess*