View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #2170
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I think they're more civilized than Vikings. Consider, the guards washe the stones where Wormtongue spat.
The Scandinavians actually thought in the Middle-Ages (and long before that) that washing oneself every once in a while was a pretty smart idea - unlike people in the more "civilised" cultures of Europe who thought washing oneself was dangerous to your health and thus the problem of smelling bad should be just dealt with adding another layer of perfumes on top of all the previous dirt... (and that happened as late as the 18th century!)

I mean if you think in terms of hygiene the Scandinavians with their saunas were ahead of their time for thousands of years.

On a more serious deliberation...

Lommy promised to post for the boys contacting their dad soonish - and I have told her that she should make Athanar dismiss them and wish to hear them better the next day. So there will not be a lengthy to and fro between lord Athanar and his sons.

So how about we aim at changing the day during the weekend? That would give you two to three days to finish anything you wish to finish for the day of the arrival of the new people.

Then on Saturday or Sunday we could begin the next day.

How about that? Do you think you have enough time to do what you wish to do for this day?