View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 07:01 AM   #442
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
A month later? Will there be still any work left to be done by then? Because supposedly that's Randvér's reason for coming over: to help his friend out with getting settled. I mean, aside from the obvious of checking how Ginna's doing.

But if not, it's okay. Sure, Randvér can just arrive after the time skip.
Well, let's see here. The following may be considered a rough description of one possiblity, nothing set in stone, but it should help give a sense of how long things take.

July 9: set up paddock and cut wood and make tents for families
July 10: improve paddock and find more wood because not enough was found 7/9, and finish those family tents too much playing by boys and not enough adults around kept from getting made
July 11: start picking through the ruins, find more wood, start hauling stones, say 5 per day to keep Garstan busy shaping them
July 12-15: continue picking through ruins and dumping what is beyond use
July 16: take stock of wood and make plans how to use it; keep clearing ruins
July 17: discover stairs down to basement of ruins
July 18-24: carefully clear basement beneath ruins
July 25: start building smithy that Harreld has been altogether too patient waiting for
July 28: finish smithy
July 29: celebrate finished smithy and cleared ruins
July 30-August 8: continue to haul stones for Garstan to shape, cut and shape wood according to plans
August 9: celebrate the finishing of the stone shaping and wood preparing and set plans to build the Hall.

And guess what: I've probably rushed a few steps. So I think that August 9 will not be too far in the future.

By the way, if anyone has more knowledgable ideas in regard to the above timeline, please speak up.