View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 07:03 PM   #28
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe All about me...RPG style

Name (that you go by): Alak, here. Summer, there.
Occupation: I work in the mental health field assisting the chronically mentally ill increase the skills they need to be able to function in society. The individuals I work with live in a facility much like a dorm.
Future Aspirations: becoming a Clinical Psychologist and letting God use me to touch the lives of those that are unable to help themselves.
Goal in life: Living my life as God would have me live, and following His plan for my life.
Short term goals: Taking the GRE; applying to grad school; teaching my daughter to swim; washing the dishes, mowing the lawn…
Passion: My God, my daughter
Hobbies: writing (), reading, gaming, painting
Famous for (brag about yourself): Attempting humour and people getting it later. Appearing to be on top of things. Always smiling.
Fave book: Ahem, LotR…also Pride and Prejudice, the Odyssey
Fave movie: Return of the King, Star Wars, The Thorn Birds, Finding Nemo
Fave sport: Oh, dear, I‘m not athletic. I would say dance (yes it is a sport). I used to dance years ago. It still makes be happy and watching others keeps me on the edge of my seat.
Fave store: Used book stores and boutiques.
Fave music: Contemporary Christian, Reggae, Classical
What you can't stand: rudeness, tailgating, pointless interruptions, The Wiggles
What you plain dislike: Racism (cliché, I know, but it hits too close to home), gossip, dishonesty, drama (not the enjoyable to read kind, the stressful real life kind)
Who you admire: People who live in a way that you can see God’s love in their lives.
What you most love to do: Have picnics in the yard with my daughter, actually anything that includes her; tree hugging, riding in the country with the windows down.
Your self-confessed flaws: I lack confidence to do things I know I am capable of doing. I procrastinate. I bottle my anger until it erupts.
What intrigues/fascinates you: People. I want to know why people do what they do. Mental illness, trees, flowers, shiny things…
What scares you: The responsibility that comes with parenthood.
Quotation to live by: “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” ~Psalm 139:14

Value-specific:
What do you want most in a friend? Loyalty, honesty (I want a friend who will tell me without hesitation that there‘s broccoli in my teeth), acceptance, and humour
What do you want most in a teacher? Patience and creativity
What do you want most in an ally? Trust
What do you want most in a team-mate? Telepathic abilities
What do you want people to remember most about you? That I shone with the love of God, and that by him I made a difference.

Writer-specific:
Your favorite work you've written so far: Wow, each of the works I’ve been blessed to be write have been so unique that I cannot choose. Oh, and my thesis, if you can call that a ‘work’ as it certainly was work.
Your favorite character so far: Erebemlin (Tapestry, of course); Pelien (Corsairs and Corsets); Lyshka (Land of Darkness); Collothion and Cuilad (Resettling the Lost Kingdom) -- Can you tell I can’t choose?
What you plan to write soon: A dinner post for this game and the loads of paperwork from work.
What inspires you to write: Driving, music, birds, colors, sounds, images that form in my mind…
What makes your writing stall: exhaustion.
Do you get writers' block and how do you overcome it? Definitely. I take my writing away from the computer and to my notebook. I just start forcing it, even if it’s bad, and then eventually something will click and I’ll roll with it.

Middle-Earth specific:
Your favorite ME character(s)? Bilbo, Luthien, Feanor, Aragorn, Barliman Butterbur; Goldberry
What do you like about them? Bilbo was a “real” character, insecurities and all, and I became attached to him. Luthien was so strong and passionate, and really, look what she did with Beren to get the Silmaril…she rocked. Feanor is just a fascinating character all around…troubled, dark, flawed. Aragorn, I was moved to watch Aragorn come into his own and see him rise in his kingliness. Butterbur always made me laugh and I can relate to his forgetfulness. Goldberry is from pure fascination.

Your favorite moment(s) from the Trilogy? The hobbits’ first encounter with a “Black Rider”. Tom and Goldberry’s home. Gimli asking for a piece of Galadriel’s hair (I’m a hopeless romantic). How long the greeting took at the Entmoot. When Aragorn stood on the wall at Helm’s Deep and commanded the attention of the Orcs below. Aragorn’s choice to not enter Minas Tirith as its king until after the battle at the Black Gates. When Frodo sees Arwen coming to Minas Tirith (see my signature). Oh there are just too many to name them all!

Your favorite plot twist(s) from the Trilogy? Frodo lives!

Looking at your personality as it is, what race do you belong to in Middle-Earth and why? Probably a hobbit, I’m a simple person with simple ways and I like it that way.

What race would you *like* to belong to in Middle-Earth and why? I would be an Elf for their grace and appreciation of beauty in the smallest things.

What place(s)would you live in Middle Earth and why? Lothlorien, my happy place. Just the thought of walking beneath the golden leaves and hearing the melodic voices rising and falling in the trees surrounding me, calms me.
Where would you want to visit? Why? Rivendell to sing in the Hall of Fire. I’d also like to see Ithilien because of how it kept it’s beauty and had Elvish qualities despite how close it was to Mordor.