View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 09:47 PM   #52
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Yes'm.

The usual "All About You" questions:
Name (that you go by): Helen
Future Aspirations: stop being a programmer... write or make music or teach instead
Goal in life: To hear the words "Well done good and faithful servant" from God on judgement day.
Short term goals: mark12:30 (Love God with all heart, mind, soul, strength.)
Passion: Seeing God invade everyday life.
Hobbies: Music, writing, hiking... Barrow Downs...
Famous for (brag about yourself): singing and guitar playing.
Fave book: LOTR; George MacDonald's What's Mine's Mine; MacDonald's other fantasy
Fave movie: LOTR; Passion of the Christ; Ben-Hur.
Fave sport: Swimming; rowing; hiking.
Fave store: bookstores and music stores. Oh, and stores that sell elvish earrings and clothes (elf-mart...)
Fave music: Celtic; Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata; Tchaikowski's ballets; mellow Bach.
What you can't stand: Guilt trips.
What you plain dislike: People that hand out guilt trips like they are God's Will.
Who you admire: My aunt the nun. Mel Gibson. Tolkien. Frodo. Aragorn and Eomer.
What you most love to do: (blush) read good reviews about my writing...
Your self-confessed flaws: procrastination and laziness.
What intrigues/fascinates you: not my job, that's for sure.
What scares you: Being stuck at my job for another twenty years.
Quotation to live by: "We'll muddle through somehow."

Value-specific:
What do you want most in a friend: Compassion and mercy.
What do you want most in a teacher: patience
What do you want most in an ally: loyalty
What do you want most in a team-mate: love of God and desire to serve Him
What do you want people to remember most about you: Hopefully that I helped them love God more

Writer-specific:
Your favorite work you've written so far: "The Fairy Wife".
Your favorite character so far: Bolco; and Lindo.
What you plan to write soon: I'd like to do a screenplay.
What inspires you to write: Usually one-liners or intriguing questions... God, bottom line.
What makes your writing stall: A sense of boredom or futility.
Do you get writers' block and how do you overcome it: I hear that journalling (stream of consciousness) is good. But I suspect prayer is better.

Middle-Earth specific:
Your favorite ME character(s): Frodo; Aragorn; Eomer.
What do you like about them: Frodo-- Sensitivity and depth (he's both profound and funny.) Aragorn-- purity of heart and motive, and he's funny too. Eomer-- loyalty and humor.
Your favorite moment(s) from the Trilogy: Eomer's song at Pelennor (out of doubt...); Sam's song in Cirith Ungol; his embrace of Frodo in the tower; his visions of Frodo shining.
Your favorite plot twist(s) from the Trilogy: Gollum's near-repentance as Sam holds Frodo asleep.
Looking at your personality as it is, what race do you belong to in Middle-Earth and why: Eh... probably some nondescript race south of Gondor that doesn't come to the battle when called... I've been too lackadaisical lately about many things.
What race would you *like* to belong to in Middle-Earth and why: Silvan elves, because they're woodsy and natural and artistic (and musical) without being stuck on themselves.
What place(s)would you live in Middle Earth and why: Hmmmmm.... Ered Luin, maybe. Remote from all the fuss, but still elvish (and so, musical) and it has woods and the ocean and mountains all at the same time. Or-- Evendim, it's near the Shire but also has water and hills.
Where would you want to visit & Why: Rivendell (elves! Music! Dancing on the riverbank!) Lorien (Elves! Music! Dancing!) Gildor's camping area (Elves! Music! Dancing!) Thranduils' halls (Elves... you get the picture...)
How would you travel: With elves if I could; with hobbits if I could; I'd bring a horse to ride or pack; and hopefully I wouldn't have to shoot and skin critters. Ick.
Besides the usual camping & travel stuff, what single special item is in your knapsack and why: Pennywhistle. Maybe a tiny harp. ...live without music? Not.