View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #176
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Night 2

It was the night, and the shadows flitted through the streets, darker than the rest of the darkness.

Some dark, indiscernible forms prowled among the streets, and dread reached those even in their houses as the shadows crept by.

The rain was heavy, and pounding on the windows, keeping one villager in particular awake. Mnemo "Ooh La La" Syne, as she was known, could not sleep. She lay there in her bed, but a darkness filled her heart. And with not so much as a rustle, an indiscernible number of tall dark figures assembled before her.

"Now, when I heard that there'd be wolves, I hadn't heard that they'd be so tall and dark," she said, looking at them, their forms and shadows moving and changing shape in the darkness.

One stepped forwards. "Spare your sweet talk, girl." he said, with a menacing expression upon his terrible face.

"My, my, you are a handsome wolf." said Miss Ooh La La Syne.

The wolf stood for a second, startled. Then he leaned forwards, his rank breath steaming in the midnight air. His red eyes glared at hers.

"What large eyes you have." observed Mnemo.

"All the better to see you with." said the wolf.

"What large paws you have." said the village coquette.

"All the better to reach for you with." replied the wolf, with an evil grin spreading across his face.

"What large teeth you have." said Miss Syne.

"All the better to-" the wolf stopped mid-sentence, and all the Mnemo could see was a flash of yellow before he sunk his teeth into her neck.

Mnemo Syne was "Ooh La La" no more.

---

It was morning, and Eönwë stood in his usual position. He addressed the people.

"It is good to see you all this morning- but wait, we seem to be missing someone. Where is Miss Mnemo Syne? Has anyone seen her?"

People looked around, but she was not among them. Her house was searched, but she was not there. There was only a trail of now dried blood leading to the village square, and ending right in the centre. The people standing there looked about at each other nervously.

That day the village was searched, but her body was never found.

Eönwë looked at all the expectant faces staring at him. "I am sorry to say that we must conclude that Mnemo Syne has been the first victim of the vicious attacks of the Werewolves.

"But something else is bothering me. What could be the reason for there only being one attack last night?"

Living:
A Little Green- the village butcher
alonariel- the village blacksmith
Boromir88- the village pig farmer
Brinniel- the village witch
Hakon- the village innkeeper
Inziladun- the village brewer
Legate of Amon Lanc- the village broker
McCaber- chief (only) miner, head of miners' guild
Nerwen- a wandering minstrel
Nessa Telrunya- the village seamstress
Nienna- the village potter
Nilpaurion Felagund- the village fool
Nogrod- the retired bourgeois
Pitchwife- the village mason
satansaloser2005- The village librarian (Mistress of the books)
Shastanis Althreduin- the village apothecary
Thinlómien- the village chief gardener
wilwarin538- the village barmaid

The Dead
Kitanna- the village hermit - Seer
Mnemosyne- the village coquette - Innocent

Day 2 has begun. You may start posting now.