View Single Post
Old 12-28-2003, 05:00 PM   #269
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Froma looked at Gerdwyn who had just finished her tea.
Gerdwyn smiled and said “oh let me make you another cup of tea!”
Froma laughed “you are too kind!”
Gerdwyn made her way to the pot and boiled more water. She stirred the tea well and placed it in front of Froma. Gerdwyn was about to sit down but she jumped as something slithered around her leg. It was a soft, silk that slithered around her leg and to Gerdwyn’s surprise a beautiful cat rubbed itself against her. She had always loved cats. She remembered her old kitten Moristar who she spoke to when alone in her home. Unfortunately Moristar just disappeared one morning and was to never be seen again. Gerdwyn bent down and rubbed the cat and said softly “let me get you some milk!”

The cat sat on the floor right beside Gerdwyn with its tail wrapped around itself while it waited patiently for its treat. Gerdwyn put the bowl of milk on the floor and the cat contently drank from it.
“The cats name is Goldwine, isn’t she beautiful?” Froma asked while holding his up of tea. Gerdwyn nodded and smiled. “She likes to keep me company in the kitchen. I am sure she will do the same for you!” Froma added. Gerdwyn bent down and rubbed the silky cat again. “Well I have to go out to town and get some food for the kitchen. Why don’t you carry on and make a soup and another stew!” Froma said once he stood up. He walked out the door and closed it softly to make sure he didn’t disturb the content Goldwine.

Gerdwyn walked over to the stove and tightened her apron. “I hope I get the job you know Goldwine. I get so fed up and alone at home. At least if I worked here I could keep myself busy cooking in the kitchen and have your lovely company” Gerdwyn said softly to the cat. Goldwine looked at Gerdwyn then she hopped onto the table and lay there watching every move Gerdwyn made. Gerdwyn made a few stews and roasted a chicken and made her delicious pea soup while talking to Goldwine about many things. Goldwine sat on the table cleaning herself while listening to Gerdwyn talk and complain. She placed a bowl of left over meat on the floor for Goldwine and again spoke to her about how Mrs Lipsy’s children destroy her flower beds. Goldwine looked once more at Gerdwyn with a sparkle in her eyes and then put her face in the bowl. Gerdwyn enjoyed the company in the kitchen, it was odd but fun.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:01 PM December 28, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]