View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 05:43 PM   #319
Arcuwen
Pile O'Bones

Arcuwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arcuwen
Sting

Ah yes, fantasy books [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . There are quite a few I could mention, but I'll just mention my favorites here:
-The Immortals series and The Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce. They are much "lighter" reading than Tolkien, but fun and well written. Something I would strongly recommend to girls. There is another series I have yet to read by Tamora, The Protector of the Small, which I hear is also very good.
-The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I won't go into depth because I saw it was mentioned before, but they are some of my all-time favorites, and I never tire of reading them.
-The Phantom Tollbooth: My absolute FAVORITE book! I don't know why, but it is on the top of my list. More of an elementary level read but wonderful all the same.
-Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen: Next to the Tollbooth and Tolkien's works, these are the best. Very well done by Garth Nix. They appear to be long (well Lirael anyway being 700 pages or so) but I read each in a period of 2 days. Couldn't put them down, not even to eat! A fantasy series you'll remember.
-Inkheart: I'm reading it right now, and I truly adore it. It's all about the love of books...and you should read it to find out more.
-On my list: On my booklist at this time are Eragon and The Thief Lord, which were recommended to me by friends who know good books.

Have fun reading!
~Arcuwen
Arcuwen is offline   Reply With Quote