View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #454
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
OK, I scanned back a bit.

Avarien (I realized a few minutes ago) was Nimrodel's guide across the White Mountains. Only she got Nimrodel to the top of the pass, pointed, and said, "There's Edhellond; go your way. But I shall turn back; I would rather have the Waters of Awakening, than these waters that will part from me all that I have loved." She then spent several hundred years searching for Cuivienen, but the shape of the world has changed, and she never found it. Whether she died of a broken heart, or whether she is languishing somewhere dreaming, Amroth's searching crossed her awareness and she came looking for Nimrodel again.

The idea of dropping Erebemlin makes me sad, but there it is. (Taitheneb is gne already? Guess I didn't read everything...) Real life intervenes, and extra characters are difficult to deal with. The only character totally essential (for me) is Mellondu/Amroth (and of course Nimrodel.) I"d like Mellonin to come too (better for the ending I had in mind.) Somebody's got to dream Imrazor and Mithrellas.

Have we managed to separate Mellonin from everyone who could connect Avarien's comminication with Nimrodel, and get that over to Mellondu-- or Erebemlin? Amroth would cheerfully resurface, given some hope about Nimrodel; it would be a tussle with Mellondu, I'd have to ponder that a bit.

End ramble. Did I answer any questions?