View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 01:29 AM   #216
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Avanill

Avanill

Avanill sighed. He was getting deeper and deeper into the mess that he himself had helped to create when all that he really wanted to do was escape. He could tell that Rauthain did not trust him, and Avanill did not blame him for a second.

A thought flickered through him for a second, a slight fear at the possibility that Naiore was over the river. He stood by while Rauthain recovered a body from the water. Avanill did not pay much attention to it until he saw it directly.

“Well, that’s certainly not good, an end, but what an end indeed! He must have killed many orcs before meeting his end.” Rauthain said nothing, though he did look angry, Avanill decided to hold his tongue.

After a while Rauthain looked in his direction where Avanill had been staring at the figures on the other side of the ford. “I think sir, that today you might have the honor of spilling the Ravennor’s blood, if you are still willing. But go on ahead of me so that I might defend your path with my bow. And do not let fear grow in your heart, for if any other shall approach you, I will ride them down, until such time that I am also too heavily embattled. Go now.” Avanill hesitated, his stomach dropped. He could kill some orcs easily enough, but with only one bow defending his path? Madness he thought.

His face hardened. “Fine.” He said gruffly. “I will be honoured to kill the wench and Ferney..” he added as an afterthought. This was definitely not his day. Avanill had one thing to his advantage, he was a remarkable good swimmer and in no time he had crossed. The orcs had seemed to miss him in the crossing so they were surprised to see him hop out and draw his sword. He cast a look back at Rauthain who had already started shooting orcs, before starting a slaughter of his own.

It was only a small group of orcs and though Avanill’s shoulder was slashed, he still tore through them relatively easily. So far he had seen no sign of Naiore, which was good for him, he had intended to get away from the carnage before he was consumed in it, but fate it seemed had other plans.

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-12-2004 at 04:04 PM.