View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 07:09 AM   #87
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After around half an hour of calm argument Thelian had convinced Menelya to water-down her travelling possessions to three small cases. He now stood smiling in her room with his hands behind his back whilst she shouted at various younger elves to find this and that for her. When she looked up with a scowl at Thelian he hid his smile.

"Is this really necessary?" She complained.

"I am afraid so Lady Menelya," Thelian replied. "We must travel light. If we were to encounter trouble then we can not be weighed down with meaningless items of clothing."

With the word meaningless Thelian was sure he saw Menelya's jaw drop a few centimetres.

"But if would excuse me Lady, I do have other important errands to keep, for today is very important."

"Fine go," she said, quite happy to be rid of him.

With a sigh of relief Thelian closed the door quietly and made his way down the stairs. Through the open balconies he could see the armies of Alliance lined together, side by side. Men and elves, he thought, I hope this alliance is not just one of common enemy. As he was thinking he caught a glimpse of Melost talking to Arthain further along the balcony. After considering to approach them he decided against it but it reminded him that Dorlas may be in need of a friendly face.