View Single Post
Old 06-30-2003, 02:18 PM   #96
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Having had enough of listening to her mother gossipping with her friends, Anwanelme spotted Melost and Arthain talking up ahead and she urged her horse forward and rode up to them, greeting them both with a bright smile, her heart beating faster as Melost smiled back at her and reached out his hand.

"Come, ride beside me. Let us enjoy this day together, for all too soon...I feel there will be a change."

Taking his hand, Anwanelme could only wonder what he had meant and she was surprised by the force with which he held on to her, as if he was afraid she would disappear did he not keep her here by his side.

They rode on for a while and Anwanelme mused a little over the strange behaviour her betrothed had shown during this short while he had been with her now.
Why had he reacted the way he had when he had seen her speak with Arthain? She had been waiting for him for so long. He should know by now that had she wanted anyone else, she would have chosen someone already. But there was no need for such thoughts now. He had come back to her and they were soon to be wed. And she would be free of her mother.

A satisfied smile appeared on her face at this thought and she turned her face toward Melost, but her smile soon disappeared when she saw that he wasn't even looking her way but was talking with Arthain.
Why had he asked her to ride next to him if he wasn't going to spend time with her? Was it just so he would know where she was?
His thoughts and accusations the night before came back to her mind and she sighed heavily.
She noticed that the sound made Melost look at her, smiling as he gently squeezed her hand and she smiled back, delighted that he seemed to remember that she was here as well.

At the sound of Menelya's angry voice they looked at each other and Anwanelme sighed, knowing too well her mother's feelings about this journey.
"If you do not wish to listen to this for the rest of the day, I suggest we make a short break so the ladies can rest." she said and Melost knew she was right. The only way to silence Menelya once she was in this mood, was to follow her will and so he called for a halt.