View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 02:01 PM   #101
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
I've finally realised why Jackson (and Boyens) made Gandalf's Staff break.

They realised what a storm this would cause if they did this, especially in the EE DVD. They decided to make this change and then secretly visit all the major Tolkien Forum sites and have a good giggle at the vast majority of people blowing their tops at the Sacriligeous Change they made.

Just imagine the scene:

Jackson: I know we can't do this to the cinematic edition, 'cos a whole load of people would be so disgusted they wouldn't buy either version on DVD and we'll be WELL out of pocket. Let's put it on the EE and it'll be too late!!!!

Boyens: Yeah! It'll serve them right for having a go at me for the ohter Changes. Faramir taking the hobbits to Osgillaith!!! HA, that's nothing compared to this! I knew I'd have the final laugh. Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!

Walsh: Yeah, but you can look smug explaining 'Book to Script' on the Appendicies when I have to stay in the background. NOT FAIR! Hey, but what the heck, it'll really annoy the nerds out there.

Jackson: Yeah, and if they're THAT annoyed all they have to do is buy a DVD Recorder with a hard disk (well, I can afford one), remove the few seconds of Sacriligeous Content and make their own copy. Problem solved!

Essex is offline   Reply With Quote