View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #484
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Harreld offered to take Ginna on his mount but she wanted her own and begged her father until he relented. They made a race of it. Truth be told, they were more interested in their own race than the chase for Saeryn. That is, until they started hearing some loud whooping ahead of them. It seemed that Thornden and Erbrand had caught up to the bride and groom and were trying to figure out how to remove her from her spot in front of her new husband. They hurried after the others on the chase so as not to miss out on the fun.

"Touch my wife and I promise great bodily harm," Eodwine joked. "But you realize, I hope, that you are going to have to stop my horse if you ever hope to remove Saeryn, for you have to get through me to get her. First man to touch her I'll throw in the dungeon."
Eodwine said this with a grin so they laughed and didn't take him seriously - except for the always more grave than anyone else Thornden who, though he laughed with the rest, had a moment's misgiving that fluttered in his stomach.

"What!" cried Eodwine, "no bold words back from you ruffians?"