View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #127
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Question my means if you'd like, Legate, but never my intentions or motives.
HaHa!

Just a quick one to begin with... I think we have some conceptual problems involved. At least we had and should do well not to fall on them yet again.

Lommy I think first used the expression "weak reps" and "strong reps" and it looks like she meant ones with only little voting power or with a huge mandate (eg. the question on how many votes any certain rep has over the lynching) and then someone else (Legate, tp, boro...?) started to talk about the "strong reps" as someone who is trusted or influential or keeps her/his own mind or makes independent decisions etc. Or at least to me it looked like that.

These two things should be kept apart. The number of votes a rep has in the lynch-vote is a different thing from the different evaluations concerning the independent-mindedness or "rationality" or "having the good of the village in mind" -speculations of each and every one of us. The first is factual reality while the latter is feelings on everyone's minds and could be different with every single player around.

On a second note... I would be honoured to be a representative but I have to inform you that tomorrow (RL) I go to work early and come back home pretty late in the evening (and I have an early morning call the next day as well). So I may not have too many hours to play in my hands tomorrow).

On a third thought: that kind of information might be useful in general. Sure if I wawered between voting for X or Y as my representative the knowledge that X could be online a lot and Y would have to skip the Day would influence my decision between more or less even candidates...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote