View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 09:17 PM   #601
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, I'm fine with the scene change. It's the southern slope that they are coming down, now, and it can be a much milder climate. Think of it this way: once they pass a certain point, they are surprised to find a very sudden point at which the snow begins, say at the final ridge upward, and the southern slope is, if not spring like, at least not covered in snow. And they enter the "spillway" of the Gilraen, with its many cascading streams and waterfalls. Sound inspirational?

Helen, we have tried to artistically draw together the Ravion and Erebemlin parties. You may now consider the one to have found the other.

I think an interesting post would be an exchange of information between the two parties, in particular the news from Erebemlin, Bergil, or Mellondu, that Aeron is dead and Raefindan has turned murderer and traitor, which of course Ędegard, Ravion, Mellonin and the others will find it hard to accept ... and Jorje won't believe it for a moment, I might add.

Once they argue all of this out, they can push through to where the three holed up, discover it, and realized they're not at all far behind.

And of course sprinkle all of this with dreams of Nimrodel and Mithrellas and now Angela, with Aeron and Gwyllion ghosting the vale.

So...

next post: discussion and argument and disagreement amongst the now unified chasing party. Helen, can you attempt to write this? Or shall we do a three-way PM post which Helen can then post to the rpg thread?

next post #2: The three descend into a stream filled, waterfally, almost springlike mountain slope into the Gilraen valley - either Fea or Elempi (or both) can write this.

next post #3: The chasers can finally catch sight of the chased, (not too) far below them on the mountain slope, and give fresh chase.

next post #4: They come all at a sudden to the vale, which is still a good ways up the mountain slope, but in a relatively verdant climate.

After this the climax may ensue. Sound like a plan?