View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #65
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Jessamy started to laugh too. The sight of the dog with his pincushion nose was just too ridiculous, but the reviving effects of the tea and biscuits had worn off and she rested wearily against Silas. Seth had gone over to try to help Karl while Bryn was still holding the things he had fetched from the waggon.

"Right shall I get the kettle on?" He asked his eldest brother.

"I don't know, Bryn, Jessie's done in, maybe we should get on our way straight away - it's getting late and the sooner she is safe home the better . "

Jessamy raised her head and asked "What about Karl and Willem?".

"I hope they'll agree to come back with us - think we owe them some hospitality if they'll accept it" . Silas looked inquiringly at the two older men.

Seth’s mind, as he held Duke while Karl extracted quills, was occupied with Willem. The man had growled at him he was sure... and what had he called Jessamy “a young cub”? He made him nervous and now.. oh wonderful Silas had invited him back to the farm.

But what was he thinking? He chided himself for imagining all sorts of fancies and fairy-tales. This place was getting to him and he was reading too much into things. He remembered that Silas had likened Jessamy a fox-cub the day she was born and many times since. She did look like a wild little creature with that great shock of hair and ever curious eyes. Besides Jess might be thoughtless but her instincts about people were usually good. And with Willem, she behaved as if she had known him all her life not just a matter of hours.

Poor Jessie he thought , realising that she must envy the freedom of the life led by Willem and even Karl . Willem’s words haunted him . It wasn’t so much helping her learn from her mistakes.. . she was bright enough not to repeat this escapade he guessed – it was the future he worried about and the dangers she wasn’t aware of, how could they keep her safe without crushing her spirit?

Last edited by Mithalwen; 04-24-2011 at 04:09 PM.