View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 07:35 AM   #15
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I apologize Eruhen, if my tone was a bit hard [ and I think it was]. And please do not worry, I have been corrected and instructed in these forums many, many times. Why look at Aiwendil's last post [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] .

Actually there is still in my mind an unresolved issue amongst our 'principles' re: aesthetics and how to deal w/ contradictions between how we might perceive Tolkien's intention [ unfullfilled, that is as in the case of 'Laegolas'name ] and reconciling that w/ our other principles.

It has yet to ever be a direct clash, but I imagine we will have to vote on the very principles themselves, which have been a rather effective guiding point till now, rather soon. PRobably no later than Rog's entry into the story.

Anyway, the votes seem to be nearly all in, w/ the exception of Underhill and Mithadan who may not regard themselves as voters [although I hope they do!]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote