View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 07:05 PM   #150
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Inspiration and people who understand it. When your professor asks you at the beginning of class how your final project is coming and you tell him to go away: "It's grand. I haven't worked on it since before break, but I just had an idea, that's why I'm writing. Go away so I don't forget." And he does with a smile.

The way it feels to stare intently at your hands while manipulating them into different shapes and then, ten minutes later, finally deciding that a small black smiley face on your pinky will convey the necessary humour. And then getting so involved in photomanipulation that by the time you finally look up, the 1 1/2 hour class had ended a good 15 minutes before, your classmates were gone, and you were still more focused on your project and the precise hue desaturation of your face than you were on the clock.

The total lack of caring about the rain that's pouring down on you even though you're cold, you're soaked to the skin, and the wind is blowing, because as you walk back from class, you're still lost in thoughts, and they are cumulative. When inspiration strikes... and you don't ever want to stop writing, and you don't ever want to stop creating really cool stuff.

And to expand on what others have recently sent to Mordor: seeing your best friend for the first time since summer. The relaxed silence, because you already know what's being thought. Curling up under a blanket on the couch in the wee hours of the morning with a dog between you and a cat on each lap, and being unable to stop smiling because you're finally together again and have shared the giggling moment that comes when you see the big diamond on her left ring finger and the jokes have already passed about the bachelorette party that you get to plan.

Oh, and this fantastic dessert that I'm eating. Wow.