Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #1986
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Pipe Encouraging persistence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Don't hold out on my account.. Squatter is too clever for me and I am stuck as a stuck thing
Give it some thought and I'm certain it will come to you. I'm sure that I'm not really too clever for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took
Well, I thought it might be AMROTH, reading down the last letters of each answer, but it hasn't made it any easier for me to guess the other clues, so it's not a particularly confident guess.
If I were you I'd trust that lack of confidence, since Amroth is exactly what the answer isn't. The loiterers aren't the Entwives, and if there's a division of the Elves called that I've not heard of them. As an extra freebie, Tharni is a new one on me too. With all this obscure knowledge, I'm sure you can beat my clues given time. I did try particularly hard with those that haven't yet been solved, cackling fiendishly as I wrote them; but you'll be pleased to hear that I rejected Nargûn as the answer for #1 because using something that only appears once in the HME index would just be sadistic.