View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I think the Shelterbox idea is wonderful for any who wish to use it. Because my brother in law's wife is from the Philippines, we've been following this story and working with them before Mithalwen announced her idea (the Canadian government is matching donations made to Canadian charities), so I've also gone ahead and set up the World Vision Wish List. There are others on FB who want to use that.

The Wish List can be accessed by searching using my real life name and email on any World Vision website. The name of my wish list is The Barrow Downs and I've used the site logo image. If you wish to donate, PM me and I'll send you my email addy and my RL name. Here's the link I was sent for it: The Barrow Downs Wish List

I've been told there are no charges for currency exchanges. World Vision has websites for the US, UK, Canada, Finland, Germany, Australia and more. World Vision will issue tax receipts for a minimum donation (in Canada that is $15CAD) but it is up to each country to decide to accept the receipt for tax purposes.

For gifts I've suggested a goat ($100) or a goat and chickens ($150), so I've managed to work in a moot joke.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 11-15-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote