View Single Post
Old 02-10-2003, 06:23 PM   #54
Yavanna Kementari
Haunting Spirit

Yavanna Kementari has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

WOW!! I don't know how I missed this thread!
I am a die hard Starwars and LotR fan!!

I go above the call of Starwars fan though*blushes* I waited out side the theatre in my town for 24 hours just to get tickets and another 7 to see the movie.
I camped out in May it was 34 degrees out side that night. We all had wind and sunburns LOL I loved it!! only in 2005, I'm brining a tent!!
I loved LotR but as far as lines to get tickets(here atleast), it wasn't that bad. I think because StarWars has been on film for almost 30 years it was a bigger deal.
Though in my eyes LotR inspired StarWars. There are WAY too many likenesses. You know GL read the books! I won't go there, too much to tell and not enough time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I won't wait for tickets for RotK though [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I would really like too but, in this part of the country you would lose a limb or digits to frostbite or you would be hypothermic before too long [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Were it any other season You bet I'd be there!!
I liked all of the characters in SW, they all serve a purpose! You couldn't get to Theed without Jar-Jar and you couldn't get to Mt. Doom without Gollum!
Anyway thats my opinion. GREAT THREAD!!
-(~<~> Yavanna