Thread: Mad Libs
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2002, 09:23 PM   #125
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This was my first try at #8, and it cracked me up so much...

Sam sees a ????

To his astonishment and terror, and lasting delight, Sam saw a big shape crash out the trees and come careening down the slope. Big as a tea cup, much bigger than a tea cup, it looked to the hobbit's eye, but the putty-tat of Harad was indeed a beast of big bulk, and the likes of him does not walk now in Middle-Earth; his kin that live still in latter days are but memories of his girth and majesty. On he came, straight towards the watchers, and then swerved aside in the nick of time, passing only a few yards away, rocking the ground beneath their feet: his big legs like trees, enormous sail-like whiskers spread out, long tail upraised like a big canary about to strike, his small red eyes raging. His upturned ears were bound with bands of purple and dripped with blood. His trappings of mauve and purple flapped about him in wild tatters. The ruins of what seemed a very stadium lay up his heaving back, smashed in his furious passage through the woods; and high upon his paw still desperately clung a small figure - the body of a small hobbit, a giant among hobbits.

Sam sees a putty-tat...or at least he taught he taw a putty-tat! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ October 01, 2002: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]