View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 07:53 AM   #42
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Anga

Silently brooding, Anga watched the other elves and rangers partying, drinking, and carousing until several couldn't take it anymore, and dropped off into sleep. Why had they held a party? It seemed slightly foreboding to party and celebrate when they needed to be at their best for the immediate future. They were going to battle, and Elrond decides to party? Strange, yet not that strange. Elrond Peredhil had been claimed to be foresighted. Perhaps, just perhaps, there was a purpose to this party, one that did not quite meet the eye.

His fellows, companions they were. One and all, good men; or elves, for that matter. Anga smiled at the little twist of language humor. In his own tongue of course, they were Eldar. The same word, (or nearly) in the westron meant that they were older. How humorous. They were always older than most humans.

Still smiling and shaking his head slightly, Anga was met by one of his companions. One of the rangers. He did not quite remember his name, but time would bind them all to a fellowship of orc-hunters. He could feel it.

"Are you having fun? Aye, it's a good party. The drink is amazing. How do you make it?" he asked.

"That I cannot tell you, Ranger. 'Tis Rivendell's secret, or one of them for that matter." Anga replied.

Having some of it himself, Anga slowly walked through the party, taking it all in. He was getting extremely anxious, and hoped to go to battle soon.