View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 05:59 AM   #162
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
We probably need to assume the worst case scenario and assume that McCaber was an ordo.
That should be the basic approach.

Quote:
Now Nerwen is confirmed as having been one. I don't think I will be able to do a numbers post tonight (I will tomorrow, which is still part of toNIGHT ) but we may have reached a point where we are going to have to try some lynches. Something I did not want to say before now is that lynches are not just a tool of the village, they are also a tool of the wolves and we are now in a precarious position. If we do lynch toDAY we need to do it right.
Indeed, that is the biggest problem I see here. It would probably still be possible to wait things out if we still have the Gifteds around (I think at least we could rule out the possibility of Nerwen being the Herbalist, since the rules say "they are allowed to treat themselves" - unless she had only one power to use, but really, I don't believe the role would be that useless. Same thing also goes for Cab, unless Lottie has been a Wolf all along, because somebody had to heal her). There are eight of us, so probably three Wolves and five innocents. If we lynch well, it will go much better, if not, then so much worse, of course. But I think in any case, it's about time we started trying to make sense of who might be a Wolf.

That's why, incidentally, I think people should say whom they would like to see lynched as soon as possible (can of course change later. But maybe we should agree on a pre-deadline for that kind of voting, say ten hours from now, so that a Rep can be chosen afterwards? Or, of course, if we choose a trustworthy Rep early enough - I would not be opposed to choosing Lottie again, btw - and if that Rep then promises to pass on the vote of the majority, it would work as well? And maybe that would even be better?).

Quote:
The question I think we should start off asking ourselves is why did the wolves target Lottie and Nerwen first? Are the wolves people who would feel particularly threatened by them in some way?
I think that should be the thing to do now, because that is literally the only evidence we have about how the Wolves might think. With Lottie however, I think the selection would be rather arbitrary - given that it had to happen on Night 1, i.e. before the game even started. I would assume they'd simply pick someone whom they thought was not likely to be protected by the Bard, i.e. not too "obvious" target, but also not too "unobvious"... I think Lottie fits the bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I think a lynch needs to happen at this point. The odds are at least better now of striking evil.
Just as a remark, I am uncomfortable with that rhetoric. "Must" and "evil" sound very zealous, which would be a nice guise for a WW.

Quote:
This statement has a bit of an Captain Obvious air though, like evil trying to look nice and helpful.
I was actually thinking the same. However, I am thinking also another thing - that Inzil seems to be very happy now that Nerwen, whom he suspected yesterDay, died, to start immediately quite aggressively question Kuru.

Quote:
Maybe Nerwen gave off Gifted vibes? That's the only reason I can come up with.
I guess that would be the main thing the WWs would go after. But the question would be, what kind of vibes? I must say it crossed my mind yesterDay morning that she might be Gifted since she shouted "woe is me, we will ALL die" as opposed to something that would concern only herself, but that was after she had already been targeted, so that would not qualify as a reason for the WWs. And apparently (or hopefully) that was misinterpretation anyway.
Also, the thing about this game is that if somebody gave too obvious vibes, they would likely not be targeted because the WWs would have a good reason to assume the Bard might notice as well and they might be protected. Nonetheless, there would probably be reasons why her and not somebody else.

...ok, I actually wanted to look through her posts later, but now did it even before finishing this post, so: the general feel from Nerwen's Day 1 posts is that she probably just looked innocent and helpful. Because she really does not say very much most of the time, and most of all, she is not really in a conflict with anybody. So that does not really seem like there would be traces to anyone, positive or negative, before the WWs picked her. Afterwards, the Day 2 is of course more dynamic, but that is a completely different cup of tea.

EDIT: x-ed with Zil
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote