View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #73
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem View Post
Of course its only very very slightly possible we'll see a SK movie, but not likely. New Line haven't announced the sequel yet, but surely they'd want it in cinemas in 2009 - avoiding the 2010/2011 releases of TH & its sequel - so they hardly have time unless they start virtually straight away (they were filming in Oxford last year when we were there for Oxonmoot in September, so principal photography would have to be done this year). Still, maybe its not all doom & gloom for NL on the TGC front....
I doubt the Hobbit will be out for the dates they state, so it can probably fit in there. I think the scripts have been done already and The Hobbit is still just a twinkle in Jackson's eye. If he can do The Hobbit in under three years when he's also doing The Lucky Bones and Tintin I'll eat me hat.

The figures are now also saying that The Golden Compass has outperformed Narnia in the UK, even on the opening figures.