View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 11:32 AM   #31
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Boromir88's Press Release!

"The Referees are NOT being paid!" claims respected official Boromir88 in reply to the Phantom's accusation of the Shire. He went on to send in this press release. We can only assume that it is not directed at anyone, especially not the phantom.

Popular football analyst and columnist, the phantom, in his breakdown of the 2007 Middle-Earth Football World Cup accused The Shire of bribing officials to win matches. Since his remarks World Cup referee, Boromir88, has come under heavy fire and his ability to officiate games fairly has come under scrutiny. On Monday Boromir released a statement responding to tp's accusations:

"I assure you all that I have never, nor will I ever, take bribes from any team. I call each game fairly and honestly. That is to say I call it by the books, I call it by the rules, nothing else.
The columnist who made these accusations has absolutely no proof, and they are completely unfounded. He is a crack-job conspiracy theorist who gets his panties in a bunch anytime an underdog team rises up and spoils his self-acclaimed 'predictions we all are waiting for.'
If he, and he knows who he is, wants to question my officiating, he can come right into my office. I'll be waiting for him."

The World Cup Association still has yet to decide whether they will investigate further into tp's accusations. We will keep you updated on this story as it unfolds.

Credit: Bormomir88

It was later announced that no action will be taken unless an official complaint is recieved from a team. It was then announced that The Phantom on his own is not a team, no matter how much he thinks he is.