View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #159
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
How were the guys going to find out about the women leaving again? Gwyllion? Might Gwyll speak through Indil, and then... something?
Whoa....

We WANT the guys to know that the women have left?

That solves the problem of Bergil's entry into the story and permission to be there:

Girls leave Minas Tirith.

Mellonin's parents report this to the Steward.

Rangers are sent out from city.

Bergil goes south (and, being alone, will eventually overtake Erebemlin et al).

Bergil meets Eledhwen on the road (whither she's wandered a day or two AFTER Erebemlin et al have gone by).

Being a mere five year old, it's impossible to get straight directions out of her.

Deciding the safest thing to do is to take her with him, and leave her in the care of someone further along the way, Bergil takes the girl with him.

Bergil and Eledhwen catch up to the Company.

Raefindan has some sort of weird recognition/deja vu thing regarding Eledhwen. It is decided to take her with them. The Company learns of Bergil's mission- and of the departure of the womenfolk.

That resolves it all rather neatly... I was under the impression that we DIDN'T want the menfolk to find out the womenfolk had left- but if we DO want them to find out, I'm very much in favour.