View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 10:29 PM   #25
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
I'm so glad everyone noticed somethign about alot of those songs. Like Led Zepplin's songs. Alot of them are meant to sound like they're from Middle-Earth because the artists love the stories. That's so cool. Anyway one song that especially reminds me of ME is Harry Connick Jr's version of Danny Boy. Whenever I listen to it it takes me to the Misty Mountains and the Shire. Especially the part that goes "Oh Danny Boy...the pipes the pipes are calling....from glen to glen and down the moutainside..." Ahh that song just completely just takes me away. Also old time singers like Judy Garland, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and Perry Como. Their talents were just so pure it reminds me of the way Elves or Hobbits would sing. Just pure and tonal no sythetics to their voices. It's so awesome. Like Bing Crosby's version of When Irish Eyes are Smiling. That one's really good too.