View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 02:49 AM   #69
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
FD-SL-29 Thereafter was Dior Thingol's heir, child of Beren and Lúthien, king in the woods, most fair of all the children of the world, for his race was threefold: of the fairest and goodliest of {Men}[the Edain], and of the {Elves}[Eldar], and of the {spirits divine of Valinor}[ Maiar of the Blessed Realm][.]
Were is the reason for these changes? Clearly Beren is an adan, but isn't he one of fairest and goodliest of all mankind? And for Thingol it is the same: he is of the Eldar, but that does not make him no Elf. And what are the Maiar of the Blessed Realm other than the spirits divine of Valinor? At best the changes could be stilistic ones.

Quote:
We cannot use seven of course because at that point there are only 6 of the alive.
Agreed, I missed that issue.

Quote:
I deleted {, whose name otherwise were glorious among the Eldalië for their sufferings} this because the sons of Fëanor were already kinslayers at that point.
But the kinslaying at Aqualond was initiated by their father and not by themself. Nonthless you might be right. When TN was written none of the Noldor crossed Belegaer by ship.

Quote:
In here: and {Celegorm}[Curufin] was pierced with a hundred arrows, and Caranthir beside him.
What a miss of mine! Thanks for correting!

The shifting of the §§ concerned with Elured and Elurin is okay for me, even when I consider it as not really needed.

Quote:
I would really hope that we could use a little part of the hunt in our version. It all depends on Aiwendil really. I'm in favor of it.
So let's here Aiwendil.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote