View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 10:46 PM   #4457
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
This game has just been introduced on another site that I frequent, and I've been playing it (and trying very hard not to try to force it to be a copy of Downs WW). On that site, the games are about 12 players. Thing is, there are a lot of limitations. The discussion is much more slow to pick up. I don't think there were any serious ideas in the whole of the game I modded, just bandwaggoning after the all-knowing player voted. There was a wolf killed each Day because there weren't enough people to offer enough cover for them, even though there were only two wolves. The theories can never be as interesting, because a smaller game by necessity has a more strict format (wolves + seer + hunter + ranger). There aren't enough people to fit in more and still have a decent amount of ordos. Smaller games work, and it might be a good idea to have some smaller games every now and then, but they aren't as much fun to play.
You can vary the gifteds in smaller games like that, Lottie. In a game of just 12, it should probably be just three wolves and a seer, but of course you can make what you want.

I like the idea of two games running at once, but I don't know that it'd be a great idea for people to be in two different games.

On another note, could someone tell me whether it's been six months since I hosted last? I'd like to mod another game (and I promise nothing crazy like the last one, scout's honor).
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote