View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 01:48 PM   #108
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Glirdingo fell quite behind the next day. He had fallen ill the day before and was unable to move forward. Today, however, he was feeling quite well. Well enough to start off again on his quest. "Mind you, there's not really any chance of me getting to it first. But oh well, I'll go on anyway," he thought a little down-hearted.

He ended up in the foothils of the mountains. He was getting quite exhausted because of the continuouse mounting and de-mounting of the slopes. To make matters worse, it had rained there recently. "Must have been over night," he thought miserably. "And that's why my clothes were soaked this morning."

It was on the last rise when he decided to take a little rest before continuing. He clambered up the slope and fell down in the grass. It was then that he noticed that there was an encampment ahead. "Ooo! Perhaps they'll be able to help me!" It was then that he noticed who the campers were. "Easterlings!" he thought, suddenly quite alert. Fortunately, they had not yet spotted him as he was lying down in the grass. He quickly looked and saw that there were only ten of them.

He looked to the left, then to the right, hoping to see if there was a way to get by. Unfortunately, he had no luck. "There are too many for me to fight single handedley!" he thought desperately.

Then, an idea struck him. He drew out his bow and one arrow, strung it to the bow and crept quietly forward up onto the highest point of slope and went into a kneeling position. "Okay, have to take careful aim but make it quick," he thought, his chest starting to hurt from how fast his heart was pounding inside. He thought that it was unlikely that they hadn't heard it. He took aim, off into the bushes to the right, aimed a litte upwards to give the arrow enough height, pulled back the string and let the arrow fly and then heard a dull thud which echoed through the forest.

He looked back to the encampment and saw them all rushing off towards where the arrow had flown. "Yes!! They heard it!! It worked!" he thought happily, darting forward and running through the camp. "Well, you'd think those baffoons would be smart enough to leave a sentry, but nooooooo!!" he smirked happily.

He made it through the encampment and continued on, not daring to stop until he was sure that he was safe. "Whew," he said, wipping his brow off of sweat. "That was close." He took a long rest, drinking from his flask and eating a whole of his lembas bread before continuing on this hair rasing journey.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote