View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 05:39 PM   #101
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Taurion looked out the window. This was not going well. They seemed to have so much to talk about before. Maybe one of the others was awake. Then again, waking one member of the company was enough, he thought. He did not want more than one grumpy friend in the morning.

He looked at Youlielle's slightly disheveled appearance and smiled. Before he could stop himself, he chuckled a bit, shattering the awkward silence.

"What?" said Youlielle, looking up from where she was looking down at the bed.

"Your hair," Taurion said, touching the messy tangles.

"What's wrong with them?" Youlielle said, in a somewhat offended tone. This just made Taurion chuckle a bit louder. Seeing Youlielle's face, though, he quieted himself.

"Nothing," Taurion said, once he regained his composure, "You just look...how do I describe it? I do not mean it in offense, dear Lady, do not mistake my chuckles for that. You just look...cute...like that."

Youlielle smiled brightly, "Really?" Taurion laughed and nodded.

"So, what do you propose you are going to do once you get back to the palace with us?" Taurion asked Youlielle.

"I-I do not know," Youlielle said, "What do you think I should do."

Taurion thought. There was not much Youlielle would be able to do, probably. She could get work as a servant, or she could even attempt to become a shieldmaiden if she proved herself with weapons.

"I do not know. We shall see when you arrive," Taurion said.

He smiled at the girl, hoping she would find a nice life in Mirkwood. He vowed to try to make that desire come true, and to try to make Youlielle's life as enjoyable as possible, as she, unlike him, did not have all eternity to enjoy her life...