View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #74
Smug the Fabulous
Pile O'Bones

Smug the Fabulous has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerniesApple View Post
I also disliked the 'fleeting nudity' scene in Rivendell. the Dwarves looked like they were cgi generated (could be wrong) but it made me cringe. I HATED all those scenes with the Dwarves in Rivendell, they were crude, rude and totally unfunny. I hated the pained look on Elronds face, Rivendell shouldnt be besmirched by cheap humour. it cheapens the beauty of Rivendell in LOTR in a weird way. imho.
Then again, everything in the movie looked computer generated. Nothing felt believable in The Hobbit. Every place they were in, there was a sense they were either on a set or performing in front of a green screen, or both...(well, apart from some of the mountains and the place where the wargs were chasing Radagast). There's no sense that what you're seeing is there. You're just seeing some actors in heavy makeup kicking the @#$% out of a bunch of CGI goblins.
Not the most original criticism I put here, because from the reviews I have read, everyone's pretty much said it, including Viggo Mortensen. Just letting out the bitter disappointment I felt when I first watched this.
"It is everywhere. It is everything. Its scales glisten in the bark of trees. Its roar is heard in the wind. And its forked tongue strikes like... *lightning strikes* whoa! Like lightning!"-Merlin, Excalibur(1981)
Smug the Fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote