View Single Post
Old 06-08-2002, 09:57 PM   #237
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

7 pages!! Go us!!

Monsters? Well, obviously the dragon is a popular candidate for this category. I have a lizard-dragon-like monster in my story. It is rumored to be descended of dragons in my world; but all the true-blooded dragons had died out during the First Darkness. My original name for this monster was Luksa, but I didn't quite like it and changed it to Nucran. Later on, I use werewolves. So far those are my only two "monsters" I use. Unless you count the mist, which is a monster itself for what it holds.

Quote:
how do you use your monsters - as foils for the hero/heroine? in unexpected ways?
The werewolves I guess fit in that category. Because the leader of a pack of werewolves that sack a peaceful town was the brother of one of my main characters, there's dilemna. (ooh! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ) He was what one of the heroes looked up to, as a model soldier, and seeing what he becomes, he feels let down sort of. Disillusioned.

LMP, giving away too much? Well, maybe. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I know the phoenix, the rest I haven't seen yet, so I can only guess! Though, I am eagerly awaiting more!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 08, 2002: Message edited by: Thinhyandoiel ]