View Single Post
Old 06-09-2002, 08:32 AM   #238
Starbreeze
Ghost of a Smile

Starbreeze has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Starbreeze
Silmaril

Quote:
My winged unicorns communicate by placing pictures in the minds of others rather than by words.
That sounds a lot like Anne McCaffery's Unicorn People from the Acorna series.

Quote:
Question for y'all: how do you use your monsters
Well, the Worals are an ancient race and are angry about the damage the humans have done to the land they once lived in, with the dragons. The dragons have now left, along with the elves and other magical creatures because of this damage and the Worals are doing everything within their power to destroy the world the humans have built. The worals don't actually have anything to do with the people the story follows, but their actions cause problems for those people, for example, they come across famine when a band of Worals destroy an entire crop, and they are also seen as bad omens about the end of the world.
Later in the story I am considering allowing a few of the magical creatures, unicorns and the like, to return to the world they left so many years ago, and some of these creatures may help, directly or indirectly, the main 'heros' of the story.

Now I have given too much away!

To write is to make dreams, to make dreams is to awaken the fantasy of the mind, to awaken the mind is to be a master.