Old 01-31-2006, 06:42 AM   #7
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
A few things

Boromir88 - re
Quote:
'Though he's still not too thrilled about Aragorn.'
that's putting it lightly! Book wise, have a think about LOTR from the Council on to the end of boromir's life - concentrate on boromir and aragorn's relationship. There is real animosity and anger between the two throughout - arguments ensue - either man trying to outdo the other, and only sometimes working together as a team (ie making the path in the snow) - I only realised this animosity after quite a few readings of the book. I'm not sure if anyone else has the same viewpoint of their animosity towards each other.

It's 'Let us hunt some orc' - not 'let's hunt some orc' - the latter would seem rather crass to me - but the former, uses archaic language - and is pretty much taken from aragorn's words to eomer 'I am hunting Orcs' - so it's OK with me. I know this sounds a small point, but to me it does make the sentence, and it's sentiments, tie in more with Tolkien's world.

I've only just finished reading lotr for the umpteenth time, and have finally come to realise Aragorn's decision to leave Frodo (in the books). It's exactly the same reason that Gandalf leaves the WK and saves Faramir. BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE ELSE TO SAVE HIM SO I MUST. But evil will come of it. Aragorn HAS to follow Merry and Pippin to save them, because no one else could.

But I think Jackson's change to the plot that Aragorn let's Frodo go works well.

The scene where we see araogrn and co (and the orcs) respond to boromir's call is amazing - one of the best put together shots of the movie, the camera folowing the orcs down the hill as it sweeps through the trees. marvelous.

I'm not into 'inconsistency' failures in Films that people love finding - u know, like bormoir's arm being on araogrn's shoulder when he dies in one shot, then not in another - that doesn't bother me - but one thing that DOES (and I don't know why!) is the tear tract on Frodo's face that is in the wrong order - something simple that i noticed the first time i saw the film - why they didn't spot it I don't know.

But wood's acting here is marvelous. I think Jackson, as a director, can get so much from his actors with just a LOOK. You can se this throughout the 3 movies and with numeorous actors.

Does anyone else wince when you see Sam run into the river after seing what happened to sean astin's foot when he went in the first time on the extras dvd?

anyway, a brilliant end to a brilliant movie.
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote