View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #24
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry View Post
I wouldn't exactly say that Aragorn and Boromir have a "friendship" at that moment. True Boromir has made amends, but the dark side of his desire for the Ring caused the Ring Bearer to run off and hide, and this is greatly troubling for Aragorn, as well as the loss of the other hobbits. It is a situation very difficult for the man who would be king.
Granted this is from the books, so probably isn't relevant, but I've always thought the movie portrayal of Boromir was much softer than the book character. Anyway, Aragorn doesn't even disclose to Gandalf the full story of Boromir's death.

Maybe Aragorn's honorable where he doesn't "mock the dead" as they say, but I always viewed the two as having a friendship...albeit an interesting and confrontational one at times. I believe Boromir even says sometime after Lothlorien he doesn't abandon his friends in need. So, clearly despite the personality clash, he regarded the Fellowship as all friends.