View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 05:40 PM   #19
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

"Excuse me."

The grey-clad servant emerged from his shadowy door, and blinked twice. "No children served in here without their parents or guardi-- ah-- Oh. My apologies, good sir. Please excuse me."

The hobbit glowered resentfully, and grudgingly replied, "It's all right."

"Weapons should be left at the door, " the grey servant apologised.

"I left all my rocks on the riverbank, " the hobbit grumbled sarcastically. "Are there any elves in there?"

"Eh... yes, I believe there are."

"All right, then. Thanks." And with that, the hobbit stealthily slipped inside, and remained unnoticed.

Sure enough, two elves. One was seated by the fireplace. And the other had her cloak drawn closely around her to avoid recogni--

...Piosenniel?

He scanned the room. Mithadan, too; and Cami?

He sighed. So much for an unsupervised adventure. All he needed was for Birdland to arrive, if she wasn't already Neekerbreeking around someplace, and he'd have four overly-watchful guardians. He considered slipping out again and finding another inn. Despite the fact that the local soup smelled awfully good, Gamba was headed back towards the door, when he heard Cami's voice behind him.

"Gamba Tuk! You are out way past your bedtime! And how on earth did you get in here without a guardian of proper age?"