View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 01:26 PM   #27
Estella Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Estella Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Estella Brandybuck
Sting

Quote:
I write "transition" fantasy; that's a term coined by Nar in the old "AYWSF" thread. It means that my protag starts out in our modern world and leaves it to go to the faerie realm. So it's part high fantasy and part modern fairy tale, I guess.
Ahh, so there's a word for that kind of fantasy! Yes, my current story is a transition fantasy; four of the main protagonists (the main humans) come from our world and pass over into the world that I created. I'd explain it a bit more, but then I'd end up summarizing the whole story, and I know no one wants that. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Actually I probably should have. It was kinda cool, because I had my character run into Merry and Pippin's grandchildren while she was wandering near the road in Mirkwood. Although, I have to admit I think I might keep my fan-fic writing to only poems. I might write a short story here and there, but I like writing mostly poems. Who knows though...I might get inspired soon to finish writing it.
I think that would be nice. I've found that the more I write fanfic, the more my writing improves, which greatly helps my original story. And who knows - maybe you can incorporate any new ideas or certain lines from your fanfic into your original story.
"But the Rohirrim sang no more. Death they cried with one voice loud and terrible, and gathering speed like a great tide their battle swept about their fallen king and passed, roaring away southwards." - RotK

Do you enjoy reading and writing LotR fanfiction?
Estella Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote