View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #187
ArcusCalion
Quentingolmo

ArcusCalion has just left Hobbiton.
Having reviewed the Synopsis in LotR, if we can prove it was written by Tolkien and not his editor, it is indeed perfect for our desires. With the synopsis, we can include at least the Hunt for the Ring, and possibly the Battles of the Fords of Isen. In addition, I have some ideas for restructuring that we can use now that we are to include the material from the prologue of LotR (at the very least).

I propose that we give the headline 'The Stewards' to the chapter made from the second part of Amroth and Nimrodel. The chapter that we are currently calling The Stewards will then also be split into two: Of the Finding of the Ring and The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen. The former will include much of the ancillary material from the Stewards chapter (the stuff about Rohan mostly) while the second will take the story of Aragorn as far is it goes before LotR, as well as discussing Denethor. I think this will both expand and streamline the structure of the chapters. From there, the next chapter can be The Hunt for the Ring, which essentially is composed of that text. Following that will be The War of the Ring, which may contain The Battles of the Fords of Isen. If Fin can fit The Quest for Erebor into the narrative, then that title can replace Of the Finding of the Ring as the chapter name, while that can become a subheading. I think this allows for the best structure of the narrative thus far. If we agree to this, I am inclined to remove the Stewards thread and start over, in order to remove all this confusion and restructuring of narratives (for which I apologize.)
ArcusCalion is offline   Reply With Quote