Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 09:28 PM   #243
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Taralphiel

Embracing Rudchamion slowly, she smiled.

"It seems we have survived another adventure. I am glad, very glad"

Rudchamion nodded, and didnt change his expression

"I will return some day perhaps. I will not forget what happened here. It will live long in the memories of many people."

"Less so in mine, my friend. I shall not be around much longer you know" Taralphiel grinned. Rudhchamion nodded a little before saying:

"Farewell Lady Taralphiel. I will meet you again" and he spurred his horse on.

~*~

Annunfuin

Standing in the garden, though there was still a buzz of excitement, he could see the calm begin to rise. The slim white heastones still glowed in the afternoon sun, and he looked upon the resting places of Thagon and Leena

"I will be loath to break this news, but I will do it for thee" he murmured.

"And you shall accompany my granddaughter to see Cartil's family?' Taralphiel spoke as she made her way to his side

"Of course. I heard Lanaey teasing Laurel again after you returned. I wish to see that joining ceremony, and then I ride back to my home"

Taralphiel moved a little further off, and placed a worn hand upon one of the oldest of the stones in the garden

" He will wish you to take his place, to hand his daugher away as if she was yours. It will make her very happy"

"Aye, Im sure it will. It will ease my old sould very much"

"Then it is so" smiled Taralphiel

They both stood silently watching the sun change the colour of the leaves and the sea breeze move in, thinking of the great days to come and the happiness they could now afford.

~*~

Laurel

Laurel could not stop the peace and quiet from making her smile. While nurses still bustled around, taking care of her grandfather Havlor, she still could not help but want to sing for joy.

She stood leaning against the pillars at the back of the hose, looking at the waves over the great ocean. Cartil stood beside her and they said nothing to each other, only grasping stray glances. Laurel watched him stare at the gulls flying by, and the stray whisps of black hair fly around his eyes. Turning away she heard a familiar voice:

"I saw that missy! I never knew you could stare at someone so adoringly! My, what a change!"

Laurel almost jumped out of her clothes when she saw Havlor slowly move towards her, leaning heavily on a staff.

"Grandfather!" she cried and embraced him

"Indeed! Did ye think me bedridden even in victory! Nay, I wanted to walk and talk with the men who fought so hard. Especially you young fellow!" he said, nodding towards at flabberghasted Cartil.

Laurel laughed until she ached and watched her grandfather question Cartil. She was glad he took this all very well, and turned to see her grandmother Rivwyn just behind the curtains, watching with tears in her eyes.

Looking back at the sky, she said out loud:

"I wish many people who are not here could see this all. I do wish that very much. But they can see it. And I will live every day with that. I will be happy. It is the least I can do..."

~The End~