View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 07:31 AM   #228
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

My post was not intended to start a recruitment drive for the next game. I will open up the next game for players as and when this one is finished (although I have noted those who have expressed an interest).

On second thoughts, I am not so sure that the flexible timing works, as we may well end up with NIGHT spanning periods of time which are inconvenient to those whose roles require them to be active during the NIGHT. And if we had to vary the periods to suit particular people’s time considerations, that might well provide clues as to their identities.

I therefore think that we should still work on the basis of 12 hour cycles, with NIGHT lasting 12 hours and DAY lasting 12 or 24 hours, depending upon whether a clear majority is achieved in the first 12 hours (as per my previous post). That way, everyone will be clear at the outset when the “cross-over” time will be. I will in any event post the next deadline(s) when I post the results of the DAY’s voting or the NIGHT’s hunting.

As for time zones, I will be working in GMT (because that’s easiest for me). At the moment, GMT is 5 hours ahead of EST and 6 hours ahead of Central Time.

I’m proposing that the 12 hour cycle runs from 11 to 11 (GMT). So NIGHT 1 would start at 11PM GMT (6PM EST/5PM CT) and run through ‘til 11AM GMT the next day (6AM EST/5PM CT). DAY 1 would run from 11AM through to 11PM (if a clear majority was achieved by then) or through to 11AM the next day (if not). And so on …

The cycle will remain consistent regardless of when I post the results of the DAY’s/NIGHT’s events (which may, in practice, mean that people have slightly less than the full 12/24 hours).

Is that clear?

I’m off now, back to my shallow grave while the current game continues.