View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:44 PM   #591
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Whoops... okay.

Just to repeat the question:
Who was the only one to realize that there's a real possibility to be caught and eaten; despite the person was not cooked, as some others were?

This means:

a) there was a certain situation, moment or place in the story.
b) at that certain situation, moment or place, whatever you wish, there were some, let's say, folks. One of them was the one I am asking about. The others were quite many. Some of them, if we trust the info we are given in the book, at the situation, moment or place that I am referring to, are cooked.
c) But our subject was the only one who realized that there is REALLY a possibility that someone will catch and eat them.

Italicised words are exactly in the book, as I quote them, at that situation, moment or place.
Though, there is a trick: you have to think deeply. When I say if we trust the info we are given in the book, it does not necessarily mean that the narrator is the one who is providing the information. It could be a subjective opinion of some character(s). However, if the narrator does not say his opinion on that, technically nothing prevents us from trusting it.

I know it's tricky, and I won't wonder if anyone had the idea to hit me with something hard after learning the answer. But that's for creative thinking.

And it is from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote