View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 04:36 PM   #269
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

For a moment Branda stood staring in disbelief at the two men. What would folk like these care about hobbits or their ways? But, as he scrutized them more closely, he saw the Men were wearing the same grey cloak that the other Ranger had worn when he'd met him at the Inn.

Upon realizing this, he relaxed a bit. Olo had confided enough information for Branda to realize that Rangers were not to be feared, but were gallant folk who gave of themself without ceasing. If there were two Rangers available to see them safely to Rivendell and beyond, Branda was certainly not going to quarrel with that.

He put his hand up to his cap and tipped it upward. "My mistake. I can see now you are Rangers so I would not question you or your offer of help. We've been hard pressed on the road, and have lost two of our companions to hungry wargs. Your weapons and skills in tracking would be sorely welcome."

Branda sighed and continued, "To tell the truth, I would dearly love to get on the trail to Rivendell as soon as we can. I can almost see those soft feather beds and good dinners waiting for us. I hope the Elves will not begrudge us those things when we've come such a long way, and at least have a few presents to give them as a token of our thanks."

Branda looked over at Bullroarer, wondering what he made of the Rangers, and whether they would soon be setting out again.