View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 10:17 AM   #8
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Everdawn’s post

Énien had been traveling for months. It had been a long time since she had laid eyes upon her home - Rivendell. She glanced at the night sky and stopped- it was there again, the star she was born under so many years before, and why after more than 1000 years had it decided to return? "The light is dull here." Énien spoke to the darkness whilst still looking up at the star. "It makes for danger."

Far off in the distance, even through the darkness she saw a small party of men, strange men, wild men. The thought of her having to converse with lesser beings did not take her fancy, so being the elf that she was thought it safe to take precautions, Énien placed herself in the nearest tree.

This gave her time to think - since she had had no time off delivering messages for the Elven Lords throughout Middle-Earth.

"Strange it would seem that I was sent, strange is it also that they did not send a stronger Elf on such a long journey- still... I manage."

She glanced again at the star, which began to trouble her. She fiddled for an arrow from her quiver. "Why do you follow me?! There must be some purpose you are here!" She fitted the arrow to the bow and silenced herself and watched the party pass, unseen she sat except for a strange light in her eyes.

She leapt down from the tree and said aloud to the star as if it were talking in turn to her... "I will make it known to you, that I do intend to find out why you are here, and I will go to any end to see it done!" She laughed. Énien picked up her pace and made haste down the dusty road and into Bree.

She entered the Prancing Pony, reluctantly, needing something to drink. She was uneasy around strangers. The barman approached her. Énien stared at him for a minute and then said "water" he smiled at her and placed a glass of water on the bench in front of her. She turned to see, who people had said to be a Ranger. Immediately something inside of her said, 'He is troubled greatly'.