View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 02:57 PM   #14
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Carmalita sat at the bar, her soft eyes lingering upon Rangar.

“Anyone else?” he said finally.

Anyone else? She would go in a second if it was not for Crystal. She realised that she had brought her into the world and she had the responsibility of caring for her. She turned back to the bar and stared down into the dark tankard in front of her. She bit her lip in thought. She wanted adventure again, adventure! When she was with her father she experienced the adventure, but then she fell pregnant and she never felt it again. The rush she got. She continued to stare at her ale. Her mind was a battle ground, her conscience told her that it was wrong to leave her daughter to go off with some stranger, and last time she done that look what happened. But her heart was longing for freedom from her simple life from just being the delivery girl and the standby nurse. Once again her asked, her grip tightened around the tankard.

“I will come,” she whispered no- one heard her save Butterbur.

“Carmalita, you cannot leave you child!” he exclaimed staring into eyes, they held a glance for a moment then her guilty face drew away. She got up and walked over to Rangar.

“I will come, you will need an expert nurse on this little escapade, so no doubt you will need me!” she laughed, all her guilt was gone from he exterior but it was still inside. Confidence shone out but lacked inside. “But I need to go home first, that is if we are to leave here soon, to get supplies and say farewell to my dau……my..my family.” her confidence faltered and her eyes flickered to the floor. She decided she would not tell them she was a mother, they might look upon her different then. the flicking her loose hair over her shoulder she finally said “Well can I come? Will you need me?”

[ April 26, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]