View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #44
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I'd have shelved my love of Tolkien and put aliens into Middle-Earth if it kept me from my crushing debt. PJ made FOTR accessible to me when I was 14. I fell in love with Middle-earth thanks to him. Either see the movie or don't. At least reserve some judgement for when it actually comes out. /rant
i fell in love with Middle Earth thanks to Bernard Cribbens reading the hobbit in five short instalments. One voice in an hour or two. This seems like overkill. If I were vto go it would be to take my godson but I can not imagine it will hold his attention span over o long.

For me Jackson demeans my favourite books. first the rings then the lovely bones. If he gets his hands on film rights to The Snow Child I may have to form a posse.

apogies for typos using kindle as puter jiggered and this is in about threepoint type

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote