View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #76
Mumriken
Banned

Mumriken is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Yeah Fantasy in general was popularized with the coming of the internet. It's not geeky to be a fan of fiction. That is just stupid, just like people say it's geeky to be steve jobs or geeky to be an author or geeky to be an artist or a scientist. The geek label has been put on smart people by dumb people...as we all know there are more dumb people than smart people in this world. It's quite likely that some of you reading this reply are above average when it comes to intelligence in your neighborhood.

I think the internet should be a like puttin on a piece of classical music, you start it up and voila you're in the company of sophisticated artists and then one could exchange information and improve the world. However this might actually happen if the people who currently use the internet keep using it as much as they do now into their 70s 80s. I'm very curious what the internet will look like when the people who are young today use it when they're old. Like if I ever get a child there is no way I'd allow him/her to use it freely. I think adults today don't really understand the internet...with time it will probably change.

Sorry off topic.

Last edited by Legolas; 08-06-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Removed inappropriate content
Mumriken is offline   Reply With Quote